Directions & Parking
The Cathedral is located on Wyandotte Street (Route 378) just south of the Hill-to-Hill Bridge in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
From ALLENTOWN: Take Route 22 East to Route 378 South. Follow 378 South across the Hill-to-Hill Bridge through the 2nd traffic light. The Cathedral is located on the left.
From EASTON: Take Route 22 West to Route 378 South. Follow 378 South across the Hill-to-Hill Bridge through the 2nd traffic light. The Cathedral is located on the left.
From QUAKERTOWN: Take Route 309 North to Route 378 North. Follow 378 North into Bethlehem. At the bottom of the Wyandotte Street hill stay on Route 378 North through the next traffic light. The Cathedral is located on the right.
From HELLERTOWN: Take Route 412 into Bethlehem. Bear right onto Third Street. Stay on Third Street through town until you get to the intersection of Third and Wyandotte (Route 378). The Cathedral is located on your left.
From NEW JERSEY (Phillipsburg Area): Take 22 West to 378 South. Stay on 378 South for about 4 ½ miles to the 2nd traffic light (get in the left lane after the 1st light. Go through the 2nd traffic light and the church is on the left. The parking lot is on the left after you pass the church.
From PHILADELPHIA: Take I-95 or I-76 East to 476 East to the Northeast Extension of the PA Turnpike. Take the exit for Allentown (Route 22) and go East on Route 22. Then follow the directions from Allentown.
The Cathedral has 2 lots. The upper lot, with access from Wyandotte Street and the Lower lot with access from 3rd Street. (The lower lot is encouraged and necessary for those who need elevator access to the Cathedral and Sayre Hall)
Ample Alternative Parking
(1) On Street—parking on surrounding streets of the Cathedral as available: 3rd Street, metered parking on 4th Street, metered parking in the 400 block of Wyandotte Street. (There is no need to feed the meters on Sundays.)
(2) Off Street Lot—next to Lehigh Pizza at corner of 3rd and New Streets. (Meters need not be fed on Sunday mornings.)
A Note about Parking
We are particularly grateful and encouraging to those who have ability to park in alternative locations allowing space for those among us who benefit from parking in Cathedral lots and those who may be visiting for the first time. We are even more grateful to your mindfulness of the lower lot being the access to the elevator for those who need it.
Top 5 Reasons for those who are able to park at Alternative Parking sites on Sunday Mornings —
- Three minutes and 30 seconds or thereabouts!
- That is less time than it takes to circle the Cathedral lots just one time waiting for a spot to open up!
- You will live longer because of the stress reduction of parking in an ample lot and having an easy stroll!
- You will restrict your time playing bumper cars to your visits to an amusement park!
- If you let the Dean know you parked there, he might hug you, thank you, or maybe even give you a dollar off coupon for a cup of coffee? (maybe)
- On a serious note, it truly does allow for those among us who need to park closer to the Cathedral to be assured of a space and for those visiting for the first time to find welcome on their first visit.